We’re excited today to welcome three new fantastic engineers to the team.
Welcome, Adam McCarthy
Adam is an awesome iOS engineer who we’ve got to know over the past couple of years. Most recently at Dublin’s Tapadoo, Adam has also worked at Apple and Google. Here’s a few fun facts about him:
- He’s been a technical consultant at every level of sailing from Olympic campaigns to the America’s cup and Volvo Ocean Race teams.
- He crashed a small plane in the name of computer science once.
- He shares Frantisek’s obsession with mountain bikes, although he’s broken more bones than he has.
Welcome, Aidan Finn
Aidan is an excellent Ruby engineer and computer scientist who we’ve been connected with since the start of the Irish Ruby community. Here’s a few fun facts about him:
- He’s been doing Ruby development since 2005 and started the Ruby Ireland mailing list.
- He quit his job five years ago and moved to Sligo on the north-west coast of Ireland to dedicate more time to surfing.
- He’s got a Masters and PhD in Computer Science—his Masters research was about using machine learning for sentiment analysis, his PhD research was about using machine learning to learn to extract information from text.
Welcome, Declan McGrath
Declan is fantastic Ruby engineer who we’ve got to know over many years in the Dublin Ruby community. Here’s a few fun facts about him:
- He’s the only member of Intercom who doesn’t work on a Mac. His machine of choice is a Thinkpad running Ubuntu.
- He’s been the main organiser of Ruby Ireland events for the past 5 years.
- One of his favorite software projects was developing a dive log app in C++ while scuba diving off the coast of Malaysia.
Next up we’re hiring a Head of Product Design and Head of Marketing to work out of our San Francisco office. We’ll publish details here soon.