If you’re looking to invite a new teammate to Intercom, or assign an Inbox seat to them, here’s how:
Go to Settings > Teammates:
Then, invite a new teammate to Intercom by clicking ‘New teammate’.
Note: If you need to change the permissions for a teammate you’ve already added to Intercom, just click ‘Edit’ beside their name in the list.
You can then add an email address to send the invitation, and control what features they’ll have access to:
Note: You’ll need the Inbox Pro plan to control permissions (except for Inbox seats - you can add these with Inbox Essential too).
Add an Inbox seat
If you’d like buy an Inbox seat for a teammate, just set the switch beside your teammate’s Inbox permissions to ‘ON’:
What does an Inbox seat give a teammate?
If you use our Inbox product, you can assign seats to your teammates. Teammates with Inbox seats can:
- Access the Inbox product
- Create and join teams.
- Reply to conversations in the inbox,
- Measure your team’s progress with inbox reports
- See the context of a conversation - previous conversations, company details, qualification data and more.
- Assign conversations to other teammates
- Automatically re-assign conversations when they’re away
- Tag customers
- Create a GitHub issue, and create Salesforce tasks or leads.
- Use saved replies and smart inbox suggestions.
Note: If you have a seat, you still can’t assign conversations to teammates who don’t have a seat.
What can teammates without a seat do?
Teammates without a seat can’t access the inbox or any of its core features. However, they can still reply to customers from the conversations list in the Intercom Platform. They can also loop teammates into conversations with notes and mentions.