The Inbox product makes it easy for your team to manage conversations with logged-out website visitors and logged-in users. Work together, move faster and send better, more personalized replies in a collaborative team inbox. Prioritize what you need to reply to quickly, assign conversations, see visitor and user profiles and reply to people in-app or by email.
What you get with Inbox
- Allow visitors to contact you on your website and users to contact you inside your app with the Intercom Messenger.
- Manage and reply to conversations with leads and users with the collaborative team inbox
- Quickly see who you’re talking to, what plan they’re on, what browser they’re using and more.
- Assign conversations to yourself or delegate them to teams or teammates.
- Group related conversations or people with tags and search for them later.
- Add notes to conversations and @mention teammates to work out answers behind the scenes.
- Forward emails from leads and users to your team inbox (e.g. emails sent to email@example.com)
- Save time and respond to common questions with saved replies.
- Receive and reply to Twitter direct messages in the team inbox
- Receive and reply to direct messages to your Facebook page in the team inbox
- See conversation volume, median response time, and workload with Insights.
Step 1: Sign up for Intercom
Enter your email address on the Intercom homepage to create your account. You’ll be prompted to start a free trial of Inbox.
STEP 2: Configure the team inbox to your needs
- Set up your custom email address so you can start sending emails from your own support address.
- Auto-forward your own support emails (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) to Intercom so you can manage all of your messages from the one Inbox.
- Customize your inbox with apps and more, so you have everything right where you need it.
- You should assign incoming messages to the right teams and teammates.
- Create saved replies to help you answer common questions your customers are asking again and again.
STEP 3: Customize the Intercom Messenger
We strongly recommend changing the color of your messenger to a color that contrasts against your branding so that your customers can immediately spot it. And you should tailor your welcome message to match your brand’s tone so that people are inspired to get in touch.
STEP 4: Start talking with your visitors and users
When someone sends you a message it will arrive in your team inbox. Here’s how you can create a personalized and informed response:
Get context - The moment a customer gets in touch, you can view their user profile to quickly find out more information about them. You’ll see what plan they’re on, their timezone, what company they work for, their previous conversations and lots more.
Be warm and helpful - Each customer deserves a personalized and well thought-out answer that genuinely answers their question. Be prepared to explain things in multiple ways to help people really understand your answer. Speak in a friendly, conversational manner and use emojis to build warmth and make people smile.
Tag it - You can tag any message people send you to add context to that conversation. For example, if someone asks for a specific feature you can tag it as a ‘Feature Request.’ This helps you group together similar messages so you can easily search for them in the future.
Close it - When you reply to a message, you can click ‘Reply and Close’ to help clear out your inbox. But don’t worry - as soon as your customer replies, their message will reappear in your inbox.