With the Intercom Platform, you can chat to:
- Logged in users inside your app.
- And logged out visitors on your website.
Once you install the Intercom Messenger, people can get in touch to ask you questions, and you can help them find what they need.
Note: You need to have an active subscription (for any Intercom product) to install the Messenger.
Customize the Intercom Messenger
Before you start chatting to customers, you’ll need to customize the Messenger so that it feels personal to your brand:
- Get each of your teammates to fill out their profiles and add happy, smiley photos of themselves. This adds a friendly face to your brand.
- Write your team intro to let your customers know who your team are, and how you can help.
- Customize the Messenger’s appearance to to your brand’s taste.
- Set your expected response time to give people an idea of when you’re likely to respond to their message.
Collect your visitors’ contact details
When you can’t reply to a visitors’ conversation in real-time, we’ll automatically encourage them to leave their email address. Once they do, they’ll get notified of your reply by email.
Reply to messages through a conversation feed
When a visitor or user sends a message, you’ll be notified through the Platform icon at the top of your screen. To read and reply to messages, just click on your ‘Conversations’ tab.
Talk to individual customers
You can also proactively reach out to your users and visitors by sending them one-to-one messages. In your people list, just select the user or lead you’d like to chat to and click ‘Start a conversation.’
You can send your message in-app or by email, and you can choose how your message looks and feels before you send it.
Important: To send bulk messages to more than one user, you’ll need our Messages product.
Once you start chatting to your customers, make sure to give them the world class support they deserve.