You can send apps in messages to specific groups of customers to prompt them to take important actions. For example, you can:
- Ask your new customers to submit feedback on your product.
- Prompt visitors who are interested in your blog posts to subscribe to your newsletter.
- Or encourage high value leads to book meetings with your sales team.
How to send apps in in-app messages
First, create a new message
Go to the Messages product and select, ‘New auto message.’
Once you’ve chosen your audience rules, select ‘in-app’ as your channel:
Note: You can’t add Messenger apps to emails or push notifications.
Next, add a Messenger app to your message:
When you’re creating your message content, just click on the plus icon to insert a Messenger app:
Then, select ‘Insert app’:
Now, you can easily add one of your installed Messenger apps to the message:
Ideas for sending apps in messages
There are many powerful ways you can send Messenger apps to select groups of customers. Here are just a few ideas to get you started:
Gather feedback from your customers
Send targeted surveys with Typeform
If you’d like to survey specific groups of customers and get qualitative feedback from them, you can send them the Typeform app.
For example, you could:
- Message customers who attended a recent webinar and ask for feedback on that. Then, you can use this feedback to improve your future webinars.
- Ask your long-term, loyal customers for feedback on a specific feature.
- Or, you could message your new users to check how they’re finding your product. This you can use these powerful insights to improve your product.
Send targeted micro surveys with Wootric
If you’d like to gather qualitative metrics on your customers’ experience, you can send the Wootric app in a message. You can ask your customers to rate your product via a Net Promoter Score (NPS), Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) or Customer Effort Score (CES).
For example, you could message your onboarding customers and ask them to rate your product. Then, armed with this data you can quickly respond to detractors and turn happy customers into brand advocates.
Trigger NPS surveys with Ask Nicely
You can also collect customer feedback and measure your Net Promoter Score at specific points in the customer lifecycle by sending the AskNicely app. With AskNicely you can:
- Segment your NPS by lifestage/region to identify improvement opportunities.
- Automatically engage your promoters to post reviews and drive advocacy.
- Escalate at-risk customers to specific team members to prevent churn.
Grow your newsletter subscriptions
It’s easy to proactively invite specific users or visitors to subscribe to your newsletter. For example, you could trigger the MailChimp or Campaign Monitor email capture app to send when a visitor is on a specific blog post for over 30 seconds.
Book meetings with high value leads
You can send high value customers the ‘Get a Demo app’ to invite them to book a demo with your sales team. For example, you can use Clearbit data to target your message to visitors who work in companies with over 500 employees.
Go ahead and send your first app to customers now 🎉