When you're answering a customer’s question in the team inbox, their user and company data is visible in the right hand column. It's there to help you quickly understand who your customer is, what company they work for, the plan they’re on, the browser they’re using and lots more. Often this provides all the context you need to answer your customer’s question in a personal way.
Quickly answer questions about your users
But other times you’ll want an even more complete understanding of your relationship with customers. Just click on your user’s name to view their complete profile.
Straight away you’ll be able to answer questions like:
- Have they been in touch before? Was it a related issue or a different one?
- Are they slipping away or are they actively using the product?
- Where exactly are they located?
- When were they last active in your product? Are they online right now?
- What company do they work for?
You’ll also see information about who your user is (depending on the custom attributes you’re tracking in Intercom) and the actions they’ve taken in your product (depending on the events you’re tracking). And you’ll be able to see the tags and segments they belong to too.
Depending on how you’ve customized Intercom to be about your users, you’ll be able to answer questions like:
- Has this customer used this feature before? How many times?
- Have they been tagged as ‘Power Customer’ or ‘Angry’, for example?
- Did they upgrade their subscription? If so, what date did they update it? Is it about to expire?
- How many songs did they add to their playlist?
- How many projects did they create? When was the last time they created a project?
Find out more about the company your user works for
Intercom lets you group your users into companies. Often, you’ll have not only have questions about an individual, but also the company they work for. The company profile pages are designed to give you everything you need. Here’s some examples of the type of questions you can quickly answer by viewing them.
- How many users work for the company?
- What plan are they on?
- What conversations have you had with people who work there?
- When was a user from the company last seen? Is anyone online now?
- Have you or a teammate added any notes about that company?
Pro tip: You can message selected users or the entire company from the profile page, or add company level notes or tags.