See who’s online now
When you login to Intercom, you will get a list of all of your users sorted by how recently they’ve been active. You can immediately see which users are online now (a green dot will appear above the user’s name) and you can see when your users were ‘Last Seen.’
End-users are considered “online” and the green dot is shown, whenever they have an open browser tab with the Intercom messenger on it.
"Last seen" is the time when Intercom last received a request from the user (e.g. the last time the messenger was loaded).
Important: Just having the browser tab open doesn’t generate any end-user requests to Intercom so “online” status (the green dot) and “Last seen” can occasionally be out of sync.
Pro tip: If you have a single-page application where users don’t reload the page as they navigate around, we recommend following this guide, to ensure that "Last seen" is kept up to date: Integrate Intercom in a single page app.
Find out who’s new, who’s active and who’s slipping away
Straight away, you’ll get 3 live default segments that let you quickly see:
- Who’s new? - This is a list of all your users who have signed up in the past day.
- Who’s active? - These are all your users who have used your product in the past 30 days.
- Who’s slipping away? - These are your at-risk customers as they have not logged in to your product in the last 60 days.
Discover who your users are and how they interact with your product
Standard user attributes are predefined data points you can filter on to answer specific questions about your userbase. They appear on the left-hand side of your user list. You can easily filter for and find out useful information about your users like:
- Who has last logged in to your product in the past day?
- Who has signed up to your product in the past month?
- Which users live in a particular city?
- Which users were last contacted more than 2 days ago?
- Who has more than 1,000 Twitter followers?
- Who has unsubscribed from your emails?
Ask as many questions as you like for deeper customer insights
You can ask (and combine) as many questions as you like about your userbase and you’ll get the answers in seconds. For example, you might want to find out:
- Who signed in once but never came back?
- Which users on your free plan are yet to upgrade?
- Which users signed up 30 days ago and have logged in more than 10 times?
- Which users signed up 60 days ago, have logged in more than 10 times but were last seen more than 30 days ago?
- Which users have signed in in the past 30 days but have not been contacted in the past 60 days?
You can also get answers to questions specific to your userbase by sending your own custom user attributes or events to Intercom. You can then filter and combine your custom user attributes with events and standard user attributes to answer any questions you like.