With Intercom, it's easy to schedule a message to send at exactly the right time. There are three ways you can do this in Intercom:
- Schedule messages to send during or outside your office hours.
- Set a specific delivery times during which your message will send.
- Schedule a particular date and time for your message to start and stop sending.
Schedule your message to send when your team is available
You can schedule messages to send only when your team are available to reply. This ensures users get a quick response, and no leads are left behind.
When creating a message, just scroll down to the ‘Schedule your message’ section. From here, choose whether to send your message during your office hours, outside of your office hours, or within a custom time set by you.
Where possible, we recommend scheduling your message to send during your office hours.
- Delivery times for emails and mobile push messages are calculated based on the recipient's timezone, to avoid any disruption at inconvenient hours.
- Delivery times for chat and post messages are calculated based on your app’s timezone, to avoid delivering outside of business hours and setting false expectations for a "real time" response.
- The message will not appear paused outside these times, but they will be inactive.
Scheduling a date and time for your message to go live
It's easy to schedule a time for your message to go live. Your message will begin sending at that time, assuming that customers match the other filters that you set. When creating a message, you will see the option to schedule a time for your message:
Note that the time and date you set will be your app's timezone, not your customer's timezone. For example, imagine your app is set to Pacific time and your customer's timezone is New Zealand. In this case, when you schedule a message to send at 9am on Wednesday, it will send to your customer at 2pm on Tuesday.
How to send messages during specific times
When creating a message, you will see the option to schedule a time for your message to go live in the 'Schedule your message' section.
In this section you can also select custom days and times that you want your message to be sent. Your automated email or push message will only send during those times, assuming all other filters you set are matched.
For example, you could set your email or push message to only send during weekdays and within business hours. You'll get better open and engagement rates during that window.
How does the custom time work?
Your email or push message will only send to users who match all filters during the custom time that you set. If a user matches all filters outside the specified time window, we will hold the message and deliver it when the time window opens (even if the customer does not match some of the filters any more).
When possible the recipient's time zone will be used, but if a recipient's time zone is unknown the app's time zone will be used instead.