As soon as you install Intercom, you’ll have access to the Intercom Platform. You can see who your customers are and what they do in your app.
What you get with the Intercom Platform
- View live user and company profiles to see who they are, their location, activity and more.
- Filter customers by the actions they take inside your product, and create live segments based on them.
- Send us custom data specific to your users (like when a user upgrades their plan) and we’ll track it in your user list.
- Export customer and company data as a CSV.
STEP 1: Install the Intercom Platform
STEP 2: Import your users
Next, you’ll want to add your users to Intercom so you can see who they are and start tracking their activity. You can import your users directly from a CSV or from your MailChimp or Mixpanel account.
STEP 3: Customize Intercom to be about your users
It’s important to send data to Intercom specific to your users. This way you’ll get the insight that truly matters - specific to your product. There are two kinds of data you can send; custom user attributes, and events. Custom user attributes is data about who your users are, while events tell you when users take important actions in your product.
STEP 4: Get answers to your questions right away
With a default install of Intercom you’ll get a list of standard user attributes which you can filter on to answer specific questions you have about your users, like:
- Who are they?
- When did they first sign up?
- When did they last log in?
- … and much more.
By combining this standard data with custom data and events, you can ask any questions you like about your users in a few clicks. This becomes really powerful when you start combining lots of standard attributes, custom data and events together. Go ahead and give it a try.
- Now that you’re all set up, you can segment (and save) any groups of users you’ve filtered for. Your segments will update automatically as users match the criteria set by you.
- if you'd like to chat to your visitors, leads and customers on your site, install the Messenger in minutes (you'll need an active subscription to any product).
- If you’d like to manage your conversations at scale, you’ll need our Inbox product. Watch a video demo to see how it works.