If you need to take a closer look at your team's conversation data, you can easily export it as a CSV file.
Intercom’s conversation data export is flexible, so you can choose exactly the data you need, and schedule it to be sent automatically whenever you need it.
Note: Conversation data is available for the last 2 years.
You’ll find the export under Reports > Customer support > Export. The first step is to choose the date range you'd like to export:
Note: The export will include all conversations started within the selected period.
Now is also a good time to choose how you’d like to filter the conversations included in the export. For example you could include only conversations from a certain channel:
Note: If you add multiple filters, a conversation must match all of them to be included in the export:
Next up, choose the specific fields you’d like included in the report, from the Conversation, Customer, Teammate or Channel:
Choose from the following data points:
- Conversation status — Open, snoozed or closed.
- Conversation tags — Any tags assigned to the conversation.
- Created at — When the conversation was started.
- Last updated at.
- Inbound/Outbound — If the conversation was started in response to an outbound message, or as a new conversation.
- Reopened — How many times the conversation was reopened.
- Closed — How many times the conversation was closed.
- Conversation rating — Rating a customer gave a conversation.
- Conversation rating requested — If a conversation rating was requested.
- Conversation rating remark — Comment a customer left with their rating.
- Company ID — IDs for any company the customer is a member of.
- Companies (name).
- Company tags — Tags added to companies the customer is a member of.
- Email address.
- Participated (ID) — IDs of all customers who participated in the conversation.
- Participated (Name) — Names of all customers who participated in the conversation.
- Participated (email) — Email addresses of all customers who participated in the conversation.
- People tags — Tags added to people who participated in the conversation.
- User ID.
- Assigned to (ID) — ID of the teammate the conversation is assigned to.
- Assigned to (name) — Name of the teammate the conversation is assigned to.
- Closed by (ID) — ID of the teammate who closed the conversation last.
- Closed by (name) — Name of the teammate who closed the conversation last.
- Teammates participated — Names of all teammates who participated in the conversation.
- Time to first reply (seconds) — Time taken for a teammate to reply to a customer’s first message.
- Time to last close (seconds) — Time from when the conversation was created to when it was last closed.
- Teammate replies — How many replies were sent to the customer.
- Channel — Which channel the customer replied from. E.g. desktop, mobile app or social integration.
- Source — If the conversation started in reply to a message, whether it was an ongoing or one-off message.
Simply check the data points you want included, and uncheck those that you don’t:
Now you’re ready to export your conversation data immediately, or schedule a recurring export to be automatically sent to you.
Export your data now
For a one-off export with the selected filters, just click ‘Export CSV’, and it will be emailed to you as a CSV file:
Note: During peak times, depending on how much data you export, it may take up to an hour to send the CSV.
Schedule an export
If you’d like to receive a conversation data export with these filters at regular intervals, click ‘Schedule export’:
Then name your schedule, and choose how often and at what time you’d like to receive it:
- Learn more about your Intercom reports here.