Sometimes you don't want your entire team to have access to everything in Intercom. It's easy to give certain members of your team access to certain data and features in Intercom.
In the teammates section of your settings menu, you can edit the permissions of each team-member.
For each teammate you can choose different permissions depending on their needs in Intercom. These are the available permissions, and what they allow you to do:
Can access general and security settings.
- Edit workspace name, enable test workspace, etc.
- Add or edit office hours.
- Add or edit team-level office hours.
- Enable/disable identity verification.
- Manage teammate authentication (eg. 2FA, Google SSO).
- Manage attachment settings.
Can manage teammates, seats and permissions.
- Add or remove teammates.
- Manage seats.
- Edit teammate permissions.
- Change away mode and reassignment for teammates.
- Edit teammate role-based permissions.
- Access teammate activity logs.
Can access Messenger settings.
- Edit Messenger intro and localisation.
- Set default office hours and reply times.
- Add Messenger home apps.
- Style your Messenger.
- Control inbound and outbound conversations (eg: who can see the Messenger).
- Security settings for Messenger (identity verification).
Can access billing settings.
- Change subscription.
- Edit credit card details.
- Edit billing contact and address.
- Access and download invoices.
Can access Outbound settings.
- Edit fallbacks for messages and unsubscribe settings.
- Access outbound email addresses.
- Manage email forwarding.
- Edit email templates.
- Manage universal linking.
Data and Security
Can manage workspace data
- Edit or delete tags.
- Edit Teams (inboxes).
- Edit people and company data (create attributes).
- Edit people and company segments.
- Edit workspace qualification data.
- Delete events.
- Access import history.
- Unblock users and access spam inbox.
Can manage workload management.
- Create, edit or remove workload management rules.
Can export lead, user and company data.
Can import leads and users.
Can manage tags
Apps and Integrations
Can access developer hub.
- Access webhooks.
- Build/manage apps.
Can install, configure and delete apps.
- Install and remove apps from the App Store.
- Edit settings of installed apps.
Can manage Articles.
Can manage Outbound custom bots.
- Create, edit and set outbound Custom Bots live.
Can reassign conversations.
Can delete replies and notes from a conversation.
Can manage (create, edit & delete) macros.
Can manage views.
Can manage rules.
Important: Removing the ability to reassign conversations only prevents reassigning conversations from an individual's inbox. All teammates will still be able to assign conversations that are currently unassigned, or in a team inbox.
Can access reports
Just click on a section to open it:
Then, select/deselect the permissions you'd like to give or remove from the teammate from there:
Note: All team members can access the People and Company lists and use the Conversations Inbox and send replies. This feature is only available on certain Intercom plans. See our plans and pricing here.
Edit permissions for multiple teammates in bulk
To edit the permissions for multiple teammates, hover over their profile picture, and check the box that appears:
After selecting the teammates to edit, click "Edit permissions":
You can now choose the correct permissions for these teammates, just like for an individual teammate. See the teammates to whom these permissions will apply, here: