Importing your current help content into the Articles product is easy and and requires no code 😀 You can automatically import your publicly published help content from these knowledge base providers:
- Help Scout
How to import your articles
Paste the help center URL you have from your previous provider:
2. Then, wait for the import to complete. During this time we’ll crawl your docs site, import articles, and place them in collections that match the structure of your existing knowledge base.
Note: This could take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour or more. We'll send you an email when it's done, so there's no need to wait around 😀
3. Refresh the page to see your imported articles and collections.
4. Finally, turn your Help Center on and your articles will be live.
Important: If you haven't already, you’ll need to start a trial of Articles or your articles won’t go live.
What happens to uncategorized content?
If you have any uncategorized content on your site, Articles will automatically create a ‘General’ collection for you. Collections help your users browse and easily find what they need, so consider reorganizing these articles by topic before you publish them.
Formatting we don’t support yet:
We’ll convert your content into formatting we support (e.g. copying images, modifying links, etc.). However we don’t support the following formatting just yet:
- Tables (you can always take a screenshot of your table and add it as an image).
- Nested lists (you should reformat this as a single-level list or take a screenshot).
- Video hosted on an unsupported provider (we only support YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia, so you’d need to upload the video to one of those sites and then embed it).
Important: We only import publicly published content. Importing from category/collection URL's also isn't supported. You'll need to import your knowledge base from the main URL.
What happens if I import articles with unsupported formatting?
If there are any issues with importing your content, we'll add a ‘Review’ label to the article so you can correct it before setting it live. Just open the article you need to review and read the recommendation that we’ve added. The recommendation acts as a placeholder so you’ll need to delete this and insert the content we recommend before you set the article live.
Now that you’ve imported your articles, you should go ahead and customize your Help Center to suit your brand.