To help customers discover your product’s value, show them how to use it with Product Tours.
From onboarding signups to showcasing new features, Product Tours help you drive better adoption across the customer lifecycle.
With Product Tours, you can:
- Onboard new customers with multi-page tours that require no code to set up.
- Automatically show tours to a target audience on a specific page, like paid customers who visit a new feature.
- Proactively guide customers by sharing tours in conversations, messages, and bots.
- Re-engage inactive customers by sharing tours as links in emails, or engage customers by linking to a tour inside your product.
- Create a more personal tour by using video pointers to guide customers.
Here’s how it works:
Design a Product Tour in minutes
You can build a tour from scratch. Or, get started quickly with a template:
You can create a sequence of posts, pointers and video pointers to guide customers:
With a pointer, you can direct your customers’ attention to a specific website element on your site:
You can embed images or video in your messages to make them more engaging. Or, add attributes to personalize your message.
To create a more personal tour, use video pointers to personally guide customers through your product.
Once you set your tour live, customers can easily advance through your tour by clicking ‘Next’ on the messages.
If one of your messages points to a website element that’s off the screen, the tour will also automatically scroll to your next message - easily guiding your customers around.
Pro tip: Your customers can also progress to the next step by typing in, or clicking the website element, this lets them complete more complex actions, or navigate across multiple pages during a tour.
Celebrate tour completion 🎉
To finish your tour with a bang, you can send a shower of confetti on the final step:
Learn more about designing a Product Tour here.
Automatically show tours to the right customers
You can automatically show your tour to a target audience to help drive adoption of your product. First, you can choose the page you want your tour to trigger on:
Then, choose the audience you want to target. For example, if you’re guiding new users around your product, you could target them based on when they signed up, and if they’re on trial.
Learn more about automatically showing your tours here.
If you've localized Intercom to work with different languages, the buttons in Product tours (e.g. 'Next', 'Done') will be localized for your users.
Proactively guide customers by sharing tours
It’s easy to share tours with customers everywhere you engage them - in conversations, messages, bots, emails and more. Just add the URL your tour starts on:
Once added, you’ll be able to share tours across Intercom and anywhere else you interact with customers.
Learn more about sharing tours here.
- Design an interactive tour to guide customers around your product.
- Automatically show your tour to the right customers.
- Share your tour in conversations, bots, messages, emails or anywhere else you interact with customers.
Can I use Product Tours in my mobile app?
Product Tours are specifically designed to work with web apps. For an engaging multi-step experience on your mobile app, try Mobile Carousels.