Sometimes you don't want your entire team to have access to everything in Intercom. It's easy to give certain members of your team access to certain data and features in Intercom.
In the teammates section of your settings menu, you can edit the permissions of each team-member.
For each teammate you can choose different permissions depending on their needs in Intercom. These are the available permissions:
- Can access general and security settings.
- Can manage teammates and permissions.
- Can access Messenger settings.
- Can access billing settings.
- Can access Outbound settings.
Data and Security
- Can manage workspace data and workload management.
- Can export lead, user and company data.
Apps and Integrations
- Can access developer hub.
- Can install, configure and delete apps.
- Can remove articles and collections.
- Can manage Operator.
- Can bulk message visitors, leads and users. — Also allows teammates to create, edit and set Custom Bots live.
- Can reassign conversations.
- Can delete replies and notes from a conversation.
Important: Removing the ability to reassign conversations only prevents reassigning conversations from an individual's inbox. All teammates will still be able to assign conversations that are currently unassigned, or in a team inbox.
Just click on a section to open it:
Then, select/deselect the permissions you'd like to give or remove from the teammate from there:
Note: All team members can access the People and Company lists and use the Conversations Inbox and send replies. This feature is only available to customers on Pro plans.
Edit permissions for multiple teammates in bulk
To edit the permissions for multiple teammates, hover over their profile picture, and check the box that appears:
After selecting the teammates to edit, click "Edit permissions":
You can now choose the correct permissions for these teammates, just like for an individual teammate. See the teammates to whom these permissions will apply, here: