Here are a few key things to help you understand how Intercom works:
- We offer two core products – Inbox & Messages.
- We also offer four add-ons – Custom Bots, Resolution Bot, Articles and Product Tours.
- The Intercom Messenger, and Operator's task bots are included with any subscription.
- You can add or remove products at any time.
- All products are built on the Intercom Platform, which lets you see your customers and what they do on your website and in your app.
What is each product for?
Intercom’s products all contain different features which enable you to engage with your customers in different ways.
Answer customer questions through a collaborative, shared, and highly customizable Inbox. Intercom’s Team Inbox enables you to support your customers in a personal and scalable way.
Use targeted email, mobile push, and in-app messages to encourage customers to take action, or convert visitors to loyal customers. Outbound Messages enable you to onboard, and proactively support your customers on the web and in your mobile app.
Publish articles to a knowledge base to provide your customers with self-serve support. Articles can be shared automatically in the Messenger, or by teammates in conversations.
Onboard and support customers and highlight new features with guided, adoption-driving tours.
Create customized, conversational bots to qualify leads, triage support inquiries and more.
Automatically answer customer questions and resolve simple issues so your team has more time for personal customer interactions.
What features do I get with each plan?
For an outline of the key features included with each plan, including the features that come with the Intercom Platform, see our plans and pricing here.