Here are a few key things to help you understand how Intercom works:
- We offer three core products–Inbox, Messages and Articles.
- We also offer three add-on products - Custom Bots, Answer Bot, and Product Tours.
- You can start with one product or multiple products (for example, you can sign up for Inbox and Messages to get our Acquire customers solution).
- You can add or remove products at any time.
- All products are built on the Intercom Platform, which lets you see your customers and what they do on your website and in your app.
- With Inbox and Messages, you can choose between an Essential, Pro and Premium plan.
What is each product for?
Inbox - Manage and reply to conversations with leads and users as a team.
Messages - Send targeted and automated messages to leads and users.
Articles - Create and publish articles in a Help Center so customers can help themselves.
Custom Bots - Proactively engage visitors, capture their intent intent, and provide them the right path to action.
Answer Bot - Reduce conversation volume by providing instant answers to common questions.
Product Tours - Drive better adoption by guiding customers around your product.
What features do I get with each product?
Below is an outline of the key features included with each product, including the features that come with the Intercom Platform.
The following features come with the Intercom Platform, and so are available on all Intercom products–Inbox, Messages and Articles.
- Track attributes and events about your customers.
- View, filter, and segment customers using the People and Companies lists.
- View live profiles of each lead, user, and company using your app.
- Connect Intercom data with other tools you use.
Unique features of Inbox
Inbox Essential includes all the features of the Intercom Platform, plus:
- Manage and reply to conversations with leads and users with Inbox.
- Forward emails from leads and users to your team inbox (e.g. emails sent to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Add notes to conversations and mention teammates in notes.
- Set up our bot, Operator, to automatically qualify your leads.
- Manage and edit your lead and user data in their live profiles.
- Assign conversations to teams and teammates.
- Create and use saved replies.
- Insert articles into conversations (requires Articles).
- Operator will suggest articles to teammates to answer questions from leads and users (requires Articles).
- Article suggestions to answer questions from leads and users (requires Articles).
- Receive and reply to Twitter direct messages in the team inbox.
- See conversation volume, median response time, and workload with Reports.
Inbox Pro features
Inbox Pro includes all the features of Inbox Essential, plus:
- Auto assign conversations to teams or teammates with Assignment Rules.
- Evenly assign lead and user conversations among a team 'round robin style' .
- Receive and reply to direct messages to your Facebook page in the team inbox.
Watch a recorded demo about Inbox.
Unique features of Messages
Messages Essential includes all the features of the Intercom Platform plus:
- Send manual messages to leads and users.
- Send auto messages to website visitors, leads, and users.
- See message performance with Reports.
Messages Pro features
Messages Pro includes all the features of Messages Essential, plus:
- Send a series of email, push and in-app messages to people, based on their individual behavior with Smart Campaigns.
- A/B test messages to optimize performance.
- Let people reply to in-app messages with reactions.
Watch a recorded demo about Messages.
Unique features of Articles
There is currently only a single plan available for Articles (i.e., there is no Essential vs Pro distinction). It includes all the features of the Intercom Platform, plus:
- Create help articles and organize them into collections.
- Publish articles to a public Help Center.
- Let Operator automatically suggest articles to answer your users’ questions.
- See how your articles are performing with Insights.
- Share articles in conversations with Inbox.
View a recorded demo about Articles.