With the Content Showcase app, you can highlight important pieces of content to engage your users or visitors when they open the Messenger. For example, you can promote an announcement, top articles, blog posts or job listings.
Note: The content showcase app is available by default with any paid Intercom plan.
You can also share the app during conversations to help nurture your leads. Once your customers click on the content, they’ll be brought straight to that URL.
Here's how to set it up:
Configure the app for your Messenger home
First, add the Content Showcase app to your Messenger home.
Just head to the ‘Add Messenger Home Apps’ section of your Messenger settings and choose whether you’d like to add it for ‘visitors’ or ‘users.’
Note: If you want to make the app available for both your visitors and users you’ll need to add it in both places.
Now, select ‘Add an app’, then choose the ‘Content Showcase’ app.
Next, choose a template
You can choose from three templates:
- Announcement - highlight a single piece of content, like a blog post.
- Top articles - display up to three articles in a list.
- Job listing - highlight up to three job posts.
Or, create your own list
If you'd like to create your own list, choose 'flexible list':
Next, add your content
You should carefully consider what content you’d like to showcase to both your visitors and users.
- If you’d like to capture your visitors’ email addresses, you could showcase a gated ebook using the announcement template.
- Or, if you’d like to increase your users’ usage for a particular feature, you could show a list of three articles.
Once you’re happy with what you’ve chosen to showcase, just add a title, description, image and button for each piece of content.
When you add a page URL, you can choose to autofill the title and description from the URL either. If the automatic content is long, we recommend making it short and snappy.
For lists, you can choose to up to three pieces of content. You can also encourage users to take action by adding a button:
Once you’re happy with your content, click, ‘Add to Messenger home.’
You can preview how your Messenger will look on the right-hand side, before you save and set the app live.
Now, when a customer opens the Messenger, they’ll see your call to action to check out your content.
Once they click the content showcase card, they’ll be brought straight to your content.
Share the Content Showcase app in conversations
You can easily share highlighted content in conversations too. Just click the icon to app icon, and choose the Content Showcase app from the list:
Then, choose the type of content you'd like to share:
Next, add your content to the Content Showcase app. Once ready, you can share it in the conversation. Here's how it'll appear to your users in the Messenger:
How can I update the content I’m showcasing?
If you want to update the content you’re showcasing, you’ll need to remove the app from the ‘Add Messenger Home Apps’ section of your Messenger settings. Then re-add the app and add new content.
Best practices for promoting your content
- For the announcement template, try a few different types of content, like ebooks, blog posts, product announcements, guides, cheat-sheets, etc. to see which types of content your users and visitors respond to best.
- Help your users get started by sharing a list of relevant articles in your Messenger home.
- Regularly change the content you’re promoting to create a fresh, valuable experience for your both your users and visitors.