You can give website visitors a personal and engaging welcome by adding video to your Custom Bot. When creating your bot, just click the video icon to upload a video:
Once uploaded, you can add captions by clicking on the video:
Just add each sentence as a new line:
Your captions will then evenly spread across the length of your video. Once you’ve set added your video, continue to follow the normal steps to building your bot.
When you set it live, visitors who match your audience rules will be greeted with your video.
Note: Video bots are muted by default. Visitors can easily unmute them by clicking the speaker icon:
What videos are supported?
Here are the requirements to bear in mind when creating video bots:
- A maximum file size of 40mb
- A maximum length of one minute
- .mp4 format only.
Videos will display in a 4:3 aspect ratio, so you should create your video to suit these dimensions.
Best practices for creating video bots
Here are some best practices and ideas to try out when creating video bots:
- Keep your video short and sweet, so you can engage visitors quickly.
- Putting a face to your business will increase visitor engagement. You should record yourself or a teammate giving your visitors a personal welcome.
- You can also engage visitors with animated videos. For example, if you’re about to launch a new product, you could show visitors a short teaser video to entice visitors to learn more.
To get help you get started faster, here are some easy-to-follow chatbot templates: