It’s easy to install Intercom on your WordPress site and start chatting with your leads and users. First, log in to your WordPress website and click "Add New" on your plugins page:
Next, search for and install the official "Intercom" plugin:
Then, go to Intercom’s plugin settings page in WordPress and click "Connect with Intercom":
Once you confirm your WordPress site address and authenticate with your Intercom account, you’ll be able to chat to your leads and users on your WordPress site:
Changing the Intercom account connected to your website
If you’d like to change the Intercom account you've connected to your website, just go to Intercom’s plugin settings in WordPress, and click the link at the bottom of the page to reconnect with a different account:
- If you’re using the Intercom plugin to chat to logged-out visitors only, you'll need to log out of WordPress before visiting your site to complete the installation.
- You must have WordPress 4.2.0 and PHP 5.6 or higher for the plugin to work correctly.
- Now that you’ve installed Intercom on your website, you can capture your visitors’ contact details with our bot, Operator.
- Watch a product tour: Check out our 'Getting started with Intercom' playlist to learn how to customize the Messenger and get familiar with the platform.
- We recommend learning how to capture, qualify and convert more leads in our upcoming webinar.