There is an infinite amount of advice for startups, but if I had to boil it down to just 10 essentials, these are the most crucial principles for starting up that every founder needs to understand from an early stage.
- You need a vision.
- You need to run a good beta.
- You need world class onboarding.
- You need to know who your real competitors are.
- You need to understand the four forces.
- You need to consider how your product will spread.
- You need to understand marketplaces.
- You need to focus your roadmap on impact.
- You need to focus on new feature engagement.
- You need to constantly revisit assumptions.
Here is the video and accompanying slides of a talk I gave for This Week in Startups, covering these 10 principles in depth and explaining how they shape your product and prospects for success. Enjoy.