There is an infinite amount of advice for startups, but if I had to boil it down to just 10 essentials, these are the most crucial principles for starting up that every founder needs to understand from an early stage.
- You need a vision
- You need to run a good beta
- You need world class onboarding
- You need to know who your real competitors are
- You need to understand the four forces
- You need to consider how your product will spread
- You need to understand marketplaces
- You need to focus your roadmap on impact
- You need to focus on new feature engagement
- You need to constantly revisit assumptions
Here is the video and accompanying slides of a talk I gave for This Week in Startups, covering these 10 principles in depth and explaining how they shape your product and prospects for success. Enjoy.