Main illustration: Intercom Brand Studio
We’ve just launched our latest book, The Growth Handbook.
If there’s one perennial problem all businesses face, it’s this: how do we grow? Whether you’re at an early stage startup contemplating life after the TechCrunch bump, or a more mature business with many millions in ARR, your company’s survival depends on finding a sustainable answer.
Perhaps you’re acquiring customers but they’re not sticking around. Maybe you don’t understand what metrics you should be tracking? Or it could be that you’ve found product market fit but are struggling with getting pricing right. There aren’t silver bullets or one size fits all answers to any of these common growth hurdles, but we can still learn a great deal from those who’ve ran the course before us.
That’s what The Growth Handbook is all about. It’s a series of self-contained excerpts and essays from industry leaders who have grown businesses from $0 to many billions in revenue. They include:
- Des Traynor, Co-founder at Intercom
- Andrew Chen, General Partner at Andreessen Horowitz
- Rachel Hepworth, Head of Growth Marketing at Slack
- Sean Ellis, CEO GrowthHackers
- Karen Peacock, COO at Intercom
- Casey Winters, former growth leader at GrubHub and Pinterest
- Shaun Clowes, former Head of Growth at Atlassian, and many more
Each weighs in on one the six pieces we believe to be critical to the growth puzzle: acquisition, activation, retention, monetization, testing and optimization, and metrics and measurement. Together, our contributors tell the story of how to connect more people to the value of your product, so they become loyal, long-term, paying users, who share it with others. You’ll learn:
- How to pinpoint your product’s magic moment – and ensure users experience it as quickly as possible
- Why retention is the most powerful growth lever your business can pull
- The do’s and don’ts of growth experiments and the metrics you’ll need to measure their success
- Actionable advice for driving word of mouth from your most influential users
Available in PDF, Kindle or epub format, this book should be the first point in your journey to learn more about growth, not the last. We don’t pretend to have all (or even most) of the answers, nor are all of our ideas applicable in all situations. But by learning from those who’ve already cracked some of growth’s hardest problems, we can answer that all-important question, how do we grow, with more confidence and certainty.
Grab your free copy of The Growth Handbook today, and best of luck on your own growth journey.